Make the most of lentils with this easy and very nutritional recipe.
Preheat oven to 200 C/390 F. Wash and scrub the baby carrots and place them onto an oven tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15ml) of olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, roast for 20 minutes until tender and golden on the edges.
Rinse the lentils and place into a medium saucepan, cover with plenty of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until just tender, drain and place in a bowl.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil in a small pan, add the onion and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes until translucent and tender. Take off the heat, add red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper then add to the lentils with the roasted carrots, herbs and baby spinach.
How Can Essential Vegetarian Online Help Me With My Vegetarian Diet?
Download the free Essential Vegetarian eBook, it is loaded with:
- Over 400 simple, delicious recipes
- Weekly and monthly diet plans
- A nutritional chart with chemical composition of various fruits, nuts, grains and vegetables
- The perfect balance to a achieve all your vegetarian requirements and lead you a more fulfilling and healthful lifestyle.
Health Benefits of the Essential Vegetarian Recipe Book
Plant based food are low in saturated fats and high in dietary fiber. If this balance is achieved it plays an important role in a healthy diet. Additionally, many studies have proof of these benefits. These can include:
- Reduced risk of developing obesity
- Protection from heart disease
- Protection from several types of cancer
- Reduced risk of diabetes
- Reduced risk of developing high blood pressure